After I wrote my blog post this morning, I went to my notifications and was pleasantly surprised to be nominated for a Liebster Award by The Sassy Swan
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
While my blog will always be focussed on running, health & wellness, and company news, this is a great opportunity to tell you a little about myself. So, without further ado, here are 11 things about myself:
1. If you haven’t already noticed, this wordpress blog is connected to my online shop called Urban Running Girl. In the past year, I decided to design, manufacture and sell a shrug for the active women. It was inspired through my experiences with running, however since selling my product to various people, I am learning there are multiple uses for the running shrug from a fitness level (hiking, walking, yoga, dancing and golf, etc) to everyday use such as air conditioned environments (grocery store, movie theatres).
2. I enjoy connecting with other bloggers. You will find me replying to other people’s blogs in the attempt to build a conversation about multiple topics. Please never be shy. I really do enjoy the fun of a good blog.
3. I love Disney. The little kid inside of me has never left. I’m a huge fan of running Disney races, exploring the theme parks, and reading about Walt Disney himself as the man behind the vision.
4. I have 3 cats. None of which run, unless it’s dinner time and they hear the can of cat food being opened. Their names are Liquorice, Oscar and LeChat.
5. I have been known to sing along while watching The Sound of Music.
6. I used to Dragon Boat race. This is a very fun sport. If you ever have an opportunity to try it, do it!
7. I don’t read books nearly as much as I should as I read a lot of news & articles. While I love to stay informed with current events, it can be depressing.
8. I am inspired by people who do extraordinary things. i.e. Terry Fox.
9. I like to travel.
10. I am a novice photographer.
11. I spent ten years in the entertainment business, doing improvisation, sketch comedy in the Toronto area. As well, also did some minor television & commercial roles. I loved it as it filled my life with such creativity and passion for the arts. It was a difficult choice to give up, but as life’s priorities change, so did my vision for the future.
Here are the questions The Sassy Swan gave me and my answers to each one :
- Where is your favorite vacation destination? California
- What is the best book you’ve ever read? To Kill a Mockingbird (I think it was grade 9 English class)
- What is your favorite smell? Vanilla Scented candles
- How do you take your steak? Medium well
- What is your cocktail of choice? Vodka Cranberry with a slice of lime
- Lake or Ocean? Ocean
- What is your favorite breakfast food? Oatmeal with a banana
- Speaking of…Mimosa or Bloody Mary? I’ll say Mimosa as I’d never drink a Bloody Mary.
- What is your favorite YouTube Video? Oh..this changes on a daily basis. If it were a comedy video, probably anything from Funny or Die!
- Spring or Fall? Spring. Only because it’s the beginning of all things new. I do however, love the Fall as well.
- What is your best scar story? I have several scars. Many I can’t remember how or why I got them. I have one just below my eye that came from Oscar one morning. He heard a loud noise and jumped over my head as I slept, and his back foot (nail) punctured the skin under my eye.
11 questions for my nominees :
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- Who is your inspiration?
- What is your favourite food?
- Name one thing on your bucket-list?
- Comedy or Drama as your movie choice?
- What is your favourite travel destination?
- If you were given $1,000 right now, what would you do with it?
- What is your favourite colour?
- Who is your favourite cartoon character?
- Have you ever seen a ghost?
- Do you make New Year’s Resolutions?
My nominations are :